This year, 2013, we will be helping out Colfax Community Network with their Annual Holiday Party for the Homeless families in Denver. Here is how you can help us this year: See below for a contact name and number to volunteer.
Please find below all of our Ongoing Projects in the Community.
1. Project Pink: Cannon Health Care has partnered with Platt College of Nursing and 5280 Movement, to provide services to teens in need. These services include training in CPR, Healthsaver, Life Skills, Child growth and development, Nutrition, Self-Care, Well baby checks, assessments, etc.. We will have an expert RN to precept and oversee the training, as well as put together a book of resources for the center. These services go to Teen Moms and Dads, troubled teens, children and infants. 5280 has a nursery for the children of the teens. We will be providing another expert RN who does Master training on Dr. Dad for the young teen males. Please join us in spirit as we move forward with this exciting project for the new year.
2. Project Blue: Gathering donations for the Colfax Community Project to help 100 homeless families. We now have services in place to provide nursing services to the families, help with afterschool programs and be a part of family dinner night. *Feb 2012 update: CHCC and The Decibel Garden (a music recording studio) will be hosting a tour for the children on March 16th from 3:30 - 5:pm. Also, JMoon Promotions "Got Music" afterschool program is underway with volunteers playing music for the children on Thursdays.
3. Project International 2011: Dr. Cannon and Dr. Smith are providing a Women's Health Event with Speakers on Women Health Topics, B/P screenings, and answer general women's health questions! The event will target the Hispanic community of Denver Highlands area. Coming soon....stay tuned.
4. Project Red: We have partnered with Dignity Home Health and Dignity Home Hospice to provide Nursing services through RN Students.
5. Project "Got Music?": We have partnered with JMoon Promotions in an effort to provide homeless children with the gift of donated musical instruments and donated time spent with the children by the musicians playing music. The program is underway and features muscians such as Eef Guittar, Kelly Nelson, JJ Fraser, etc. *New for February 2012, the "Got Music" program is underway at Movement 5280 providing music to the youth on Friday nights. February 24 stars a "past IDOL contestant" John Runnels. We had over 50 volunteer musicians to help with this program in 2012. We are looking towards a prosperous New Year 2013!! See above for information on the holiday party for 2013. We are looking for volunteers to provide some Christmas music/talent for over 400 people. Thank you.